Precautionary Measures Taken Yesterday
Yesterday morning, many members of staff and children commented that there was a strong smell of gas. We did not believe this was coming from our boiler but as a precautionary measure we called it in immediately and switched off our gas ovens. We brought year 4 down from upstairs as the smell was particularly strong there.
An operative from Cadent came straight out, performed the necessary checks and later informed us that the smell had been caused by the National Grid venting the pipes and was not coming from school.
We have been advised that this may happen again but we should not be concerned.